city at night

city at night

Sunday, April 15, 2018

I Have One of Those!

One of the houseplants which I have back home in Ohio is a rubber tree plant.  I have had it for many years and it is (including the pot) nearly as tall as I am.  It is with reason that we call them rubber tree plants.  Given the right climate and enough room they do indeed become trees, and many of them line the streets of Mexico City.  I always get a kick out of seeing my house plant's big brothers.



This one appears to have been trimmed back on top, but it looks as if it is about to devour the car.


And while we are on the subject of plants...  can anyone identify this flower? 



During one of my walks I saw this blossom on a small tree or large shrub.  The flower is very large... I would guesstimate that it was at least nine inches across.  I have never seen it before.

2 comments: